At Maria we help transfer students find ways to connect with our community, have academic success and make the most of your time with us. Individuals are considered a transfer student if they have enrolled in any college or university courses after graduating from high school. Each year, approximately 60 percent of our new incoming students have transferred from another college or university. Our students experience the difference of an education that is not only about acquiring knowledge, but also about giving of oneself. We are committed not only to teaching you to be of service but to serving you as well.
- TRANSFER-FRIENDLY. We accept most credits from all regionally accredited colleges. We also accept credits from Advance Placement and CLEP.
- AFFORDABLE. Our low cost tuition and financial aid allow you to focus on enjoying your college experience in and out of the classroom.
- PERSONABLE. A 14-to-1 student to faculty ratio provides for personalized attention with our supportive faculty and staff.
- SUCCESSFUL. 85% of our graduates find employment in their field or choose to continue their education shortly after graduation.
- LOCATION. Our small, picturesque campus is conveniently located in the Capital District just minutes from shopping, dining and entertainment.
- DEGREE COMPLETION. Maria College requires that all students complete at least 24 credits towards their Associate’s Degree or 36 credits towards their Bachelor’s Degree at Maria College.
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
How to Apply:
1. Apply online
Required Documents for General Admission:
- Completed application
- High school transcript
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Letter of recommendation
- An essay or personal statement
- It is recommended that every applicant have an interview with an Admission Counselor
- Additional Requirements are needed for the Associate’s Degree and Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- The Associate’s Degrees in Nursing and Occupational Therapy Assistant both require a student to have successfully completed 3 science courses in high school or college with at least one course being Biology and one course being Chemistry with a grade of "C" or better, and 2 college preparation Math courses. A minimum GPA of 2.5 is also required in order to be considered for direct entry into Maria College OTA or Nursing programs.
All documents should be sent to:
700 New Scotland Ave
Albany, NY 12208
Please note: Maria College has a rolling admission policy for the spring 2015 semester. For the fall 2015 semester, applications are due by March 1, 2015. Please be aware that space is limited in our Nursing and Occupational Therapy Assistant Programs. Students interested in Nursing or Occupational Therapy Assistant are encouraged to complete their application early.