Activities & Organizations
Maria College is a hub of diverse and interesting activities designed with the student in mind! To view a scheduled activity, click here for the weekly, electronic newsletter, Monday Minutes or visit the home page calendar by clicking here.
For information on existing student activities or scheduling a new one, please contact the Office of Student Services.
PHI THETA KAPPA
The Beta Rho Kappa Chapter at Maria College (of the New York Region) was chartered in January 20, 2009. Since then, the College has inducted more than 170 members, with a record number of 42 new members inducted in November 2013. It is a non-profit organization of students at the College who have met the requirements for membership and have been accepted as members of the Society.
Click here for more information.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION (SVO)
Please click here to view other student activities.
- Career Panels – hear from professionals with psychological training speak about their careers.
- Field Trips – visit psychological, psychiatric or educational facilities as well as corporations where psychologists are employed.
- Community Service / Fundraising – provide support for mental health and community organizations.
- Brain Awareness Week – educate the community about the latest research on the brain and behavior.
- Films – watch and discuss films that address psychological phenomenon.
- Discussions – discuss how psychology theories apply to current events and/or can be used to solve interpersonal and societal problems.
The elected club officers for the 2014-15 academic year were (check back for upcoming, 2015-16 academic year):
Cassie Ibbetson - President
Gina Domermuth - Vice President
Chelsea Alderson - Secretary
Courtney Fiorino - Treasurer