Four-Year Action Plan for Baccalaureate Students
Interacting with Career Services throughout your time spent at Maria College will encourage personal development and will assist in the successful transition from academic to professional life. Following a four-year suggested action plan will serve as a tremendous benefit to those seeking education or employment opportunities.
- Familiarize yourself with the Career Services office during your first weeks on campus.
- Log-in to the College Central Network to familiarize yourself with career-related resources and employer postings. Your profile is already created! Visit Career Services or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Get to know the staff in the Career Services Office by scheduling an appointment or stopping in during walk-in hours.
- Take the FOCUS2 Career Assessment to identify potential career goals
- Create a LinkedIn profile to establish an online professional network.
- Visit the Career Services Office website frequently. You don’t want to miss out on workshops, fairs, events, and other professional development opportunities.
- “Like” the Maria College Career Services Facebook page for frequent updates.
- Join a student organization, engage in volunteer work, or apply for a work study to build important leadership skills.
- Look into participating in a study abroad program, offered through Maria College.
- Meet with a member of Career Services to create a college résumé.
- Meet with a member of Career Services to update your résumé and LinkedIn profile.
- If you have not already, meet with your academic advisor to declare a major and continue to explore career opportunities associated with your field of study through the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
- Continue to seek involvement through on-campus or off-campus activities, including volunteer opportunities or community outreach.
- Participate in programming offered through Career Services.
- Meet with a member of Career Services to update your résumé and LinkedIn profile
- If you wish to further your education after Maria, identify additional skills necessary for your field of interest and begin researching graduate schools, graduate fellowships, and post-graduate service opportunities.
- Schedule a mock-interview with a member of Career Services to better prepare yourself for employment or educational opportunities.
- Consider internship opportunities related to your field of study.
- Attend networking events, career fairs, and workshops hosted by the Career Services.
- Pursue internship opportunities to strengthen your marketability and knowledgebase.
- Meet with a Career Services member to finalize an error-free, professional résumé and cover letter.
- Reach out to references for letters of recommendation, if required for employment or educational opportunities.
- If pursing graduate school, research requirements needed for particular programs including entrance exams and preparatory procedures.
- Attend all fairs and events hosted by Career Services to help build professional development, establish connections, and polish pre-established skills.