Full-time Executive Assistant to the President
The Executive Assistant to the President reports directly to the President and works with sensitive information that requires a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. The Office of the President has a wide variety of constituents both internal and external, and requires the Executive Assistant to have excellent interpersonal communication skills both written and oral, attention to detail, and proven strength in project management.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Provides executive level administrative support to include, but not limited to:
- Maintains calendars and schedules the President's travel;
- Arranges conference calls and meetings;
- Prepares agendas and minutes of meetings;
- Attends meetings as necessary;
- Receives telephone calls, mail, and faxes;
- Screens visitors;
- Maintains physical and electronic files on behalf of the President and the College;
- Maintains confidentiality in files and communications;
- Manages budget and President's financials;
- Manages special projects and assignments for President;
- Attends to the daily maintenance and appearance of the President's office and executive suite;
- Continuously provides smooth operation of the Office of the President to assure the most efficient use of the President's time and energies.
- Bachelor's degree (graduate degree preferred);
- Strong writing and editing experience;
- Five to ten years of administrative level office experience, preferably in higher education;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and technology;
- High level organizational skills and capacity for attention to detail;
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills.
Qualified applicants should address a cover letter, current resume or CV and the contact information for three professional references to: Dr. Lea Johnson, President. Please submit via email to: email@example.com Note: please label email, "Executive Assistant to the President", as the subject.
Maria College is an Affirmative Action Employer. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its programs, activities, or employment. We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to providing caring service to others.
Part-time Psychology Faculty
Minimal Qualifications:Graduate degree psychology, along with relevant teaching experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D. in psychology (or closely related field) and recent employment in a business/industry where psychological skills are applied.
Develop and/or update a class syllabus.
Prepare lectures, projects and other student assignments.
Present instruction based on the competencies and performance levels of the course.
Meet during designated class periods.
Submit complete mid-semester progress reports and final grades according to University regulations.
Grade student assignments and exams in a timely manner.
Provide departmentally sanctioned forms for completing student evaluations.
Build a positive rapport with students and other faculty.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter indicating his or her area of interests and days and times of availability, along with a curriculum vita that includes a list of three references. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Adjunct Teaching Positions available:PSY 100 Introduction to Psychology, PSY 200 Developmental Psychology, PSY 320 Cognitive Psychology, PSY 400 Human Factors, PSY 300 Organizational Psychology, PSY 330 Psychology of Information Processing, PSY 340 Psychology of Media. Please send cover letter and CV to: Peter Byrne, Ph.D, Pbyrne@MariaCollege.edu